Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Back in Business!


This is 7 month old Kira!

Well howdy there, y'all! We're back in our little Kentucky home. We had a knee spankin' good time traveling out west. It was so great to see our families and introduce Kira to most our family members for the first time. Kira is definitely a people person and loved all the attention she could get from grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. While out west we were able to: see Mt. Rushmore, fish, golf, jet ski, wakeboard, whitewater raft, play on the lake, hike, swim like crazy, and spend time with the fam and friends. It was a great summer! Tragedies on the trip were limited to my hair turning green and me contracting pink eye. What can I say? I looked dead sexy with green hair, flaming red eyes, and such. (Speaking of red eyes, I just finished Breaking Dawn. Loved it!!! Actually I dreamed I was a vampire for two nights while reading it.) It was suggested that I wash my hair with ketchup to get some of the green out. So I smelled like a nice hamburger for a couple days, but hey, it helped a lot. Anywho, I can't believe that it's Mike's senior year of dental school. The time has flown by! Graduation is only 9 months away. Oh mylanta! We're excited to see everyone again and super excited to be back in Kentucky! Check out some pics from our trip below!



(I need technical support: Okay people, my blog is messed up. Whenever I look at it on other people's computers it is off center, but on my it looks fine. Is it off center for you? Let me know if it is so I can try to fix the problem. Thanks!)

Mt. Rushmore! It was awesome!


Kira plush seat on the long trip out west!



Barney Family Reunion


Great grandma and Kira! Kira always smiled at her. She must have loved her white hair.


Island Park, Idaho at the Barney Family Reunion.

My sissy Tiffy, Kira, and me. Look how sweet Kira looks!


4 generations of my family!


Kira trying foods!

Mike and his catch of the day, an 8 1/2 pound rainbow trout!


The treasure hunt with all the kids!



Sherstine and I holding on for dear life!


Mikey, Jake (Sherstine's bro), Wayne



Courtright Family Reunion


Grandma and Grandpa Courtright and Kira

Our Little Family

Mike and Kira on the Courtright family hike.


Courtright Family Hike


Punk Rocker Kira! Kira was dressed up by her cousins!

14 comments:

Shalae said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! Not a bad way to spend the summer! I can't believe that Mike is in his last year of Dental School either! That has gone by so fast! It was so much fun to see Kira! She's so cute and chubby! The Barney's don't make them any other way:) I LOVE the picture of you guys laying down on the grass! So beautiful. Anyway, take care of yourselves! Good luck with school, Mike! Love you guys!

Crafty Momma said...

It's perfectly center on mine!! Some people must have weird computers! ;) I love the pictures. You guys are always picture purfect. I can't believe kira is already Seven months old! Delia will be 1 in a couple of Days! And mike in his last year of Dental school! I can't believe it either. Time goes by way too fast!

Aggieland Mom said...

Loved all the pictures, that one with mom and dad and Kira is so CUTE! I bet it's good to be home! I'm sad Twilight is over too! What do I do with all my extra time now? =) --By the, your blog is perfectly center on my computer.

Ryan and Ashley said...

I'm so glad that you are back and blogging! It is great to get an update and see all of your adventures. By the way, your blog looks fine to me. Centered and everything. Your pictures are super cute. I can't believe how much Kira has grown. When you left she was still a baby!

Lisa Tippetts said...

Hi Kimmy, Your baby is so cute!!! I love her sticky-up hair. My favorite picture is of Kira on Mike's back asleep. It is adorable! I am glad to see you are doing so well. You have a sweet little family.

Travis and Jamie said...

It looks good on my computer. And I am SO happy that ya'll have finally updated. I have missed seeing you and what you are up to, and I think that if I had to look that throw up shot one more time I would throw up! :) When were you at Rushmore?? That is only 4 1/2 hours from us, you punks should have let us know and we so would have met you there. Kira is looking so BIG!! Xander is still planning on marring his first love, Ms. Kira. ;) I miss you being next door so much. And sunday nights just aren't the same. We have started watching tv on sunday nights when the boys are in bed, something we NEVER did before, simply because we don't know what to do with ourselves.
They just told Trav that he can start Moonlighting, YEAH, and I haven't told him yet but I am hoping to save enough that we can come out there around Thunder time. The boys miss "HOME" and all their friends, and so do I. Hopefully we can make it work!

Heather Mills said...

Love the wig on Kira! Looks like you guys had an awesome time. I love all the family pictures. Good blog, good blog!

the mortensen's said...

your blog looks fine to me! I'm ready to go boating again!

Perrero Clan said...

I'm so glad you guys are back! I LOVE the pictures and glad you took some time to update us. WE HAVE TO HANG OUT!

Rob and Heather said...

Welcome back! Looks like your summer was lots of fun. Kira is getting so big, and look at all that hair. I fear that our Karlee will be hairless for a bit longer. Oh well... thats what bows/headbands are for.

Heather said...

It's good to have you home! It looks like you had a great time at home. Your family pictures turned out great.

Maddy said...

Your family pictures are so cute! And I'm jealous of all of Kira's hair. It's not fair!!!

Aggieland Mom said...

P.S I tagged Kira on our blog!

Kierra said...

Oh, your family is so cute! Its so fun to everyone "all growed up" with all their cute little ones!