Sunday, March 9, 2008

The Baby Blessing


Mike gave Kira her name and blessing at church on March 2, 2008. It was such a wonderful day. Besides the beautiful blessing, it was also so great to have the support of family and friends there with us. My mom made her beautiful blessing dress which I love. (Just so you know, I do not have the talent of creating hand made beautiful things like my mother.) : )


We had so much fun with family in Kentucky when they came out to visit. With my family, we went to Bardstown and ate at the Talbot Tavern. They have finger lickin' good food. Supposedly it is haunted too. We toured "My Old Kentucky Home,"checked out the old jail, and walked through historic Bardstown.
This is my fam at the Talbot Tavern.

Both families checked out the Kentucky Derby Museum and Churchill Downs. That was lots of fun.


With Mike's folks, we went to Locust Grove and learned a little somethin' about the history of George Rogers Clark and Louisville. Wouldn't it be nice if this was our real home?


The week was great. Lots of family, friends, food, and fun. Just what we like! And of course, it was wonderful to bless Kira and to have the special day to remember.

12 comments:

Shalae said...

I can't believe how chubby Kira has gotten! They change so fast! Looks like you had a wonderful weekend with family. It doesn't get better than that! Can't wait to see Kira in person!

Max Fam said...

what a doll in that dress! your mom did a good job with that fine piece of sewing! :) Maybe she could teach us both a thing or two.

Rob and Heather said...

That dress is beautiful. She looks like an angel. What a special day. And yes it is so much fun to have family out for this special day.

Maddy said...

That dress is gorgeous! Looks like you had fun with your family.

Sandra Stapley commented on my blog the other day. Remember Sandra? That was a blast from the past!

Pam said...

It was a beautiful blessing. I am glad that you had the love and support of your family. What a special day. You guys will continue to be wonderful parents.

Crafty Momma said...

I love her dress, it is simple yet elegant! Beautiful! She looks so cute and a little bigger!

Melissa Dunsmoor said...

Kira is so cute in her blessing dress. Your mom is so good! What a special day for you and Mike and I am glad your families got to be there. It looks like yall had a ton of FUN!

Ciara & Lyle said...

yeah the courtright's have a blog! i am glad you have joined our world! Kira is more beautiful every time I see her!

Jamie said...

Mike and Kim,
I saw your link on Sherstine's blog. She mentioned that you were also in Louisville. It's good to see how you are doing. What a cute baby! I hope it's not weird that I stopped by your blog, just thought I'd say "hi".

Jamie

Kendal and her 3 boys said...

Kimmy, It is so good to see your blog and your new family. I really enjoyed seeing your parents and sisters. Your niece is so big. Let me know when you will be visiting your in-laws, I would love to get together and see you again.

Michelle said...

Hey Kimmy...you probably don't remember me (Michelle Johnson) but we were in the 19th ward together...a LONG time ago. Just thought I'd say HELLO. The Barney family looks so good! (I always did want to grow up and be just like your mom, and then I grew up and realized how incredibly impossible that would be since she's just so pretty and talented and unduplicatable!) (-Is that a word?) Kira is beautiful. Congrats! And if you think of it, tell Rochelle that I said "hi". :D

Kristi said...

Mike, so beautiful your baby girl and your family. Wow you sure moved far far away. I now live in CA with my hubby but now kids. Anyway how are things?

Kristi Kirkham
www.brewerohana.blogspot.com