Saturday, May 3, 2008

Time to Talk Derby

Hoping we have picked the winning horses!

So our neighbors, friends, and gamers, the Shep-dawgs had a last hurrah, the Derby Party. We had a great time watching the Derby and trying to pick the winning horses. My niece and sister also watched the Derby on TV in Vegas. Sadly enough, my 8-year-old niece's winning horse pick was Eight Belles. She was so happy that Eight Belles got second. Then she asked her mom what euthanized meant. When she found out that Eight Belles was laid out to pasture, she burst into tears. My sister called to tell me about it, and I could hear my niece wailing in the background. It was so sad. That filly ran her heart out!

Mikey and I

Me, Janelle, Chelsea, Heather, and Tessa


Jamie and the Xan Man

2 comments:

Maddy said...

That was so sad about Eight Belles. I can't even imagine trying to explain that to Ellie. Friday night some of Dustin's work buddies were in from out of town and took the family out to dinner. After dinner was over Ellie burst out in tears because she was "going to miss them. They're soooooo nice." So if she cries about saying good bye to people she only knew for 2 hours, I can't imagine what would happen if she saw a horse and then found out it had to be put to sleep.

Fun party though!

Travis and Jamie said...

So could you have used a sweeter picture of me???? I'm glad that we got to do it. OOOOHHHHH, we are so going to miss you guys, it is so making me sad!!