Monday, June 2, 2008

No Longer a Newborn!

So I've just been amazed at how fast Kira is growing and developing. It just seems like during the last couple of weeks she has become this little lady. She's almost 5 months old. She laughs so much and is so much fun to be around. She is my little buddy. So I compiled this random list of 10 reasons why we know that Kira is no longer a newborn.


10. She is getting so heavy I about tip over when I am holding her in her carseat. She is at least 17 lbs. and counting. (I had these bruises all over my legs which I realized are from the carseat whacking my legs.)

9. Kira is a very proud girl about how high she can hold up her head while laying on her stomach. She holds it up really high until her neck muscles give out, and she faceplants.

8. Her hair is growing and has gotten so fuzzy. It sticks straight out just like her daddy's hair.

7. She is trying to grab anything and everything in her path. Usually my hair is in the path and gets pulled out. (I am loosing hair by the masses anyway so she's just helping it fall out.)

6. She is starting to sit up on her own.


5. When I unstrap her in the stroller, she tries to wiggle her way out of it. (I wonder what she thinks she would do if she got out on her own.)

4. When you turn your back, she is picking up the pacifier and putting it in her own mouth.

3. She stops whining when you say, "Want some milk?"

2. She is gnawing on everything like a ravenous little coyote.

1. She loves her exersaucer. I turned around one day and saw her giving the dino a frenchie! I know she is no longer a newborn.

There's that green dino!

17 comments:

Aggieland Mom said...

Oh my goodness she is getting so big. I love love love those pictures. I can't wait to see you all in just a few weeks!!

Ryan and Ashley said...

So cute! I love all these babies in the ward. They just grow up too fast!

Kierra said...

LOL! You know you are in trouble when she's stealing kisses from a green dino! Hilarious!

Rob and Heather said...

Kim - she is cute. I love to see pictures of your princess, and love to hear about what she is doing. Oh can't believe how fast they grow up.

Maddy said...

Ha ha! I love the frenching the dino. That picture is so cute!! That stage is so much fun with your first. It's like they suddenly start getting a personality.

Dickson Family said...

how fun. so sad to think how fast they grow. little kira is precious. i still cant believe dax is turning a year on tuesday. that is sad.

Heather said...

I love the picture of her on her belly. What a doll!

Heather Mills said...

So dang cute. I just loved seeing her splash in the pool today....in the treacherous contaminated waters...ahh, the memories, haha.

Steve, Christy & Roscoe said...

Ha Ha! I loved your Top 10 List. Especially about Kira giving the Dino a frenchie! Too funny! And you're right...she is looking like quite the little lady! You getting excited for camp next week? See you soon!

Shalae said...

They grow up too fast! And we have yet to even meet her! We are looking forward to seeing you guys soon!

Aggieland Mom said...

YES, you can totally borrow "The Host", you can just give it back to me at the family reunion. I also have the S.E. of Eclipse if you haven't read the first chapter of Breaking Dawn yet!! See you soon!

Max Fam said...

I think Owen taught Kira how to do the frenchie. Naughty kids! She is so darling!

Melissa Dunsmoor said...

How cute! I can't believe that she is 5 months already. Where does the time go? When are you going to be in Idaho?

The Meyers said...

She is soooo sweet. Her dimple is my favorite thing (I know I tell you that all the time but it is true) :-)

Travis and Jamie said...

OH!! I can't believe that she is so big!! So missing you guys. Travis said the other night how he wished ya'll were still right next door, I agreed. We have to make friends soon!

Perrero Clan said...

How cute! I love the things she is doing...so fun to look forward to. Taylor is 2 months, so I am excited for her to sit up on her own, etc... :)

Crafty Momma said...

wow, she is a little chunker!! Delia barely weighed 17 lbs at her 9 month ck-up and she is now 10 months and still only 17 lbs. she is apicky eater though, so she is obviously not getting the "recommended" nutrition the doctors say she needs, which somtimes make me a little worried...so I am no going to have to give her vitamin drops. She looks like a perfectly healthy baby! What a cutie and looking more like her dad everyday! Holy...Cow!