Sunday, March 8, 2009

Excited!!!

Exciting things!



1. Kira has officially started walking. She's been taking steps here and there for a while, but she is now walking 10 and more steps all over the place. Here's a short clip of one of her first jaunts around the apartment. She looks so adorable walking, and we couldn't be more excited for her.

2. Okay, so I first saw these at Wal-Mart for $12, and I was like, "What the...no way am I paying $12 for these especially when she'll grow out of them in like 4 months." But of course I started thinking about them and how cute they would look on her with her outfits. Anywho, I heard about this consignment sale, so I went to look for them, hoping on the off chance that they would be there for cheap. And lo and behold, to my delight they were there in Kira's size for $3 lookin' practically new. Yeah baby! You know I got them. I call them Pink Splendor!


3. So I've also been wanting to buy Kira a little chair for her to sit in, but I've held off trying to find a sale. At that same consignment sale, I found this for $3. I admit, I find great satisfaction in getting a great bargain!

Kira loves the chair. This is her lounging in it on a Sunday morning. Isn't she looking taller?

4. And yes, now I will blog about corn bread. Okay people, I love corn bread. Love, love, love it. I've been looking for a delicious sweet corn bread recipe, and I finally found one. It was an exciting day. Yes, I enjoy the simple pleasures of life. Food is one of those pleasures. Check my recipe blog for the recipe.

5. Lastly, I am super excited about going to Florida for spring break. My happy place is on a beach, soaking in the rays, with a fruit smoothie, shaded by an umbrella, taking an occasional dip in the ocean. I can also intermix the beach for a pool and be just as happy. So I'm super excited to go to Florida to remember what warm feels like!

6. Okay, so Mike wanted me to make sure I mention him in my exciting blog page. Actually, he wanted me to mention his body, but I will spare you all. So I'll sum it in a nutshell. With Mike, life is always exciting, fun, and enjoyable!

10 comments:

Tiffany said...

oh my gosh, Kira looks so cute walking! I'm so excited to see her when I get back. She will be a pro by the time I see her.

Heather Mills said...

LOL! Was Mike talking about the GOOG?
Kira looks so dang cute walkin' like a super star! And I am cracking up about you blogging about those boots! I now see how truly exciting that was for you! We need to go shopping!

Shalae said...

So Kira decided it was finally time, huh? She looks so cute! Kudos on finding the great deals. Those boots are soooo cute! I bet she looks so cute with them on. Hope you guys have fun in Florida. What city are you going to?

Mike and Kimmy said...

Okay, so every time I watch the clip of Kira, I laugh at Mike talking in the background saying, "You're doing so good!"

Travis and Jamie said...

NO NO NO!! She can't walk yet! She is still a tiny little MIKE JR.

Now she is walking, and tons of hair, and I might add that in the last picture of her she is starting to look more like you.

Can't wait for your visit! We are gonna party ALL NIGHT!! That is if ya'll can stay up that long after the forever long drive to get here. Still, I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Love Mike's high pitch in the background. :)

Perrero Clan said...

You guys are hilarious! I totally wasn't expecting the slice of quiche...or whatever it is at the end of kira's walk to entice her :) I love shopping at consignment stores. I get all of Taylor's clothes at Once upon a child, just about. Kira and Tay are going to take some walks together

the mortensen's said...

I love how excited Mike was to see his little girl walking. Love that girl.
Can't wait until we are soaking up the rays on the Oregon Coast in July. Hopefully it's not raining!

Rob and Heather said...

Kira is such a good little walker. I was playing the video, and Karlee crawled over to see what was going on. When she heard you and Mike cheer and clap, Karlee started clapping for Kira too. She was getting so excited. Love the boots too.

Aggieland Mom said...

I cannot believe she's walking! What a big girl! I love finding deals too! Makes you feel like "super mom" doesn't it? Have fun in Florida!!

Crafty Momma said...

That is so exciting that she is walking! She is grwoing up super fast! I got those same boots for Delia, but in tan ...and alas I did pay $12 for her to where them a couple of times! I'm kicking myself that you got them for $3! Hope we have another girl! That corn bread looks super yummy and I will definitely have to give it a try!