Friday, February 20, 2009

The Big Bad Wolf

One of Mike's elective classes this year is zoo dentistry. He finally got his chance to go work on one of the animals at the zoo. He was hoping to pull the tooth of tiger or do a root canal on a lion. The animal he ended up working on was a maned wolf. The maned wolf is an endangered species supposedly so it was still a worthy speciman to work on. The big bad wolf just got a teeth cleaning. I guess he's been brushing and flossing like he should. The best part about Mike's experience though is that while Mike was cleaning the wolf's teeth, he swears the wolf winked at him. I don't know if I'd be working in the mouth of a wolf who's winking at you. I'm sure the big bad wolf winked at the three little pigs too. Anywho, that's the story and Mike's stickin' to it.




8 comments:

Shalae said...

First of all, I didn't realize there was such a thing as an elective in Dental School. That's cool he got to clean the wolf's teeth! I would have loved to be able to do that!

Perrero Clan said...

That is soooo cool! Is that the wolf that smells from the louisville zoo?

the mortensen's said...

I'm still so mad that Wayne didn't take that course!
I would love Kira to be my daughter-in-law. IT's a done deal.
I wonder if the wolf stunk while Mike was working on him? THose things reek!

Aggieland Mom said...

That is so cool!!! Mike looks good in all his doctor-y get up. Way to go Mikey.

Mike and Kimmy said...

Yes, Mike assured me they are the stinky ones!

Megan said...

What an awesome experience. How many people get to say they have cleaned a wolf's teeth? As for the wink, I guess Mike is just too darn attractive that even wolves try to hit on him....right before they bite off your hands!

Melissa Dunsmoor said...

That's so cool. I would love to do something like that

Crafty Momma said...

wow, that is crazy! Cool that you got pictures of it!