Thursday, March 4, 2010

Groovy!

Who says a 7 month pregnant lady can't dance? This is a pic from our ward Valentines party. They said to dress up in any era dance attire. Everyone else was dressed in formals with shirt and tie. Mike and I walked in dressed like this. We did win a prize for craziest dress and became known as the crazy Courtright's by a few.

Okay, so I love doing Kira's hair. Not so much the process of it because she doesn't love having her hair done. But if I don't do it, she looks like a vagabond like the above picture. Hair hanging all over the place. (Side note: She drew that "y" herself. It's totally backwards, but she wrote it and said "y".) Back to hair. So I love making Kira's hair look cute. I have a couple of hair blogs I get ideas from and sometimes just use my own.

Here is Kira's Valentine heart hair. This was a popular hit. Everywhere we went people kept commenting on it. I decided to get a picture of it. It so much fun to give her cute hair do's. After I'm done Kira always says, "Pretty!" She likes the end result too!


4 comments:

Sarah said...

You and Mike are so cute! It looks like you seriously had fun! By the way, you look fantastic!!
I love Kira's hair. If I had a girl I'd be like you and ALWAYS fix it cute. But at the rate we're going that will never be an issue.
I'm impressed that she drew a y and said it! That's great!

Crafty Momma said...

You guys are so fun!! I'm lucky if I can even drag Christian to a dance/party for 10 mins!! Delia is the same way with her hair. It's so thin and straight and has a very weird calic, so half of it is always hanging in her face which makes for messy hair after eating if I don't put it back. She HATES getting her hair done and sometimes only gets done with a fear tears. I tried french braiding Delia's hair and it won't work..not yet anyway. So cute!

the mortensen's said...

I love that you guys were the only ones dressed up. and Mike, all I have to say about that stache is "sometimes, when you are a man, you were stretchy pants, in your room...just for fun"

Perrero Clan said...

I knew Kira would be sooo stinkin smart! That is UNREAL with the letter Y thing! Totally impressed. Also, you are amazing with doing her hair. I am the same way...hate the process and never lasts very long, so I rarely do Taylor's hair :) Can't wait to see baby #2!!!