Sunday, October 4, 2009

I finally left the house...

Since I have been pregnant, I have been an anti-social, puking, hermit. Seriously, I have rarely left the house. After two months, the puking is finally slowing down, and I have determined that I cannot miss fall because I love it! So this week, I decided to try to go out and do a few things. I made it to the zoo, and we went to a pumpkin patch with some friends. It was worth it to see Kira having so much fun.

Here's my little doll baby! I bought her this outfit last year for $1.25. I waited all year to put it on her. Finally she can wear her little Halloween outfit.


So we went to the Roloff Farm. They had a free petting zoo which was awesome. Kira was in heaven even though all the animals were bigger than her. She loves all animals! They had a miniature cow, alpacas, goats, rams, pigs, sheep, and other little crazy animals all that you could pet.

The alpaca and me. It reminded me of Chewbacca.


So the Roloff Farm is famous because the people that run it are on the show called "Little People, Big World" on TLC. I actually don't watch the show, but our friends the Werner's knew all about it so they filled us in. This is us and Matt Roloff the dad.

The Courtright's and Werner's underneath the pictures of the Roloff family.

Kira loved the pumpkin patch. She was petting and sitting on all the pumpkins. She also learned to say the word pumpkin while we were there.

We took a wagon ride of around the property. It was AMAZING. They had a soccer field, basketball court, an old saloon town, a pirate ship, a castle, the Swiss Family Robinson Tree House, and other stuff. We aren't talking miniature here. It is all life size for people to play on. It was incredible.

Kira absolutely loved the wagon ride and kept giggling to her friend Brynlee who she loves! They actually got us on film while we were on the wagon ride so we had to sign waivers just in case we end up on TV.

This is us with some of the Roloff's from the show. They were super nice folk. Very down to earth.
Kira seriously had so much fun. It was worth all the puking after just to see how excited she was and how much fun she had.

10 comments:

Shalae said...

Kimmy, you guys are like celebrities, posing with the Roloff's! That would be a fun little outing! Hope you enjoyed it! BTW, keep looking in your mail for a little "care package" for little Kira! I have been meaning to send it for a while . . . Love you guys!

Ashlee said...

I think I am the most excited about you feeling a little bit more functional now! Brynlee and I need our friends! Did you see my blog about the zoo? I need to e-mail the pictures of Kira to you. She is so stinking cute!

Tiffany said...

I'm glad you're feeling a little better! Yuck, I don't know how you do it! Kyra is growing up! I LOVE her little tu-tu. it's so cute! we miss you guys.

Aggieland Mom said...

That is SO cool that you met the Roloff's and went to their farm! I used to watch that show all the time when we had cable. I'm glad you were able to get out for awhile, we are always thinking of you! Have fun with Mom and Dad there.

Sarah said...

woohoo! Gald to hear you're feeling at least better enough to go out.
Looks like fun!

Jamie said...

I love fall too, it's my favorite season. That is so fun that you got to go to the Roloff's farm. I used to watch that show and always thought it would be fun to go to their pumpkin patch.
Congrats on baby #2! Glad that you're feeling better.

Rasmussen Family said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!! You don't even know how jealous I am. I am going to scream! I love LOVE LOVE the Roloffs! I want to go to their farm so bad! I watch their show and dream of one day going to their farm. Seriously next year we are making a trip to visit you! I mean we miss you guys too! Haha! Glad you are feeling a little better. Kira looks so big. I can't believe it.

Maddy said...

I'm glad you got out of the house. I bet it felt amazing!

PS You look FANTASTIC!

Perrero Clan said...

Sure miss you guys! Can't wait to start seeing those belly shots!

Heather Mills said...

1. I am glad you are not puking AS often. I hope it continues to get better!
2. I love that you met the Roloffs. How random! They have a lot of cool stuff on their farm, I did not know that people could visit!
3. I love that Kira is petting farm animals with a tutu on! What a domestic diva.